Silent Auction Procedures and Schedule –
2019 NMRA Convention, Salt Lake City
A silent auction has become a tradition at the National Model Railroad Convention. The Auction Committee requires a minimum opening bid of $10.00. Please package items accordingly. The auction will be held in Ballroom C and the adjoining reception area.
Sunday (7/7) – 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm: Registration of Items Opens
Monday-Wednesday (7/8 – 10) 9:00 am – 9:00 pm: Registration of Items Continues
Bidding is open
Wednesday (7/10) 9:00 pm: Bidding closes
Thursday (7/11) 9:00 am – 7:00 pm: Buyers’ Settlement
Friday (7/12) 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm: Sellers’ Settlement
Please note that ALL times are at the Committee’s discretion!
Our goal is to provide an enjoyable and rewarding silent auction experience for both sellers and buyers (and auction volunteers)! To that end, please read and understand these silent auction guidelines:
- Silent auctions are auctions held without an auctioneer. People place their bids on bid forms that contain a description of the item, seller’s number, initial minimum bid and if desired a buy-it-now price.
- Available items will be placed on tables with letter and number designations so that both buyers and sellers may track their items.
- To bid, a person adds their bid and number. This bid must be in increments of $1.00. The winning bidder is the last one listed on the bid form. At the close of bidding any items being actively bid upon will be concluded with an open auction. At the end of the bidding, bid forms and items are sorted by number and the winning bids are added to our computer database.
- A winner’s list will be posted by Thursday morning (by number) and will be able to pick up their winning items (and any items of theirs not sold) after settling their account on Thursday. All sold items must be picked up and paid for by Thursday night. We will accept credit and debit cards only as forms of payment, no cash or checks will be allowed.
- A seller’s list will be posted by Friday morning (by number) and will be able to pick up their unsold items and payment for sold items on Friday.
- All items sold will be charged a 15% commission, deducted from the seller’s income. Payment to sellers will be in the form of a check from the convention account.
- Any items left at the end of the auction will be disposed of by the auction committee at their discretion.
BUY IT NOW
- “Buy It Now” items will be handled as indicated above, using the same tickets as the silent auction tickets.
- A buyer can purchase a Buy It Now item at any time during the active auction – a cashier will be available during active auction hours to complete your purchase, and will accept debit or credit cards.