150th Anniversary/Convention Car for 2019
As you may have heard, a model railroad manufacturing plant in China that produced rolling stock for many of the US based model railroad companies unexpectedly shut down several months ago. The company that the 2019 SLC Convention Committee had contracted with to supply the UTOCO Tank Cars was one of the companies that was adversely affected by this closure and have informed us that they can no longer honor the tank cars.*
We have reached out to various manufacturers to see what they could offer to us. By piggy-backing onto current production runs, we have firm commitments for the following:
· HO Scale: Accurail 50’ Single Door Box Car (5800) with the Road Number NMRA 2019 along with a decal set designed for changing road numbers on at least 12 cars
· N-Scale: Micro-Trains Lines 50′ Standard Single Door Box Car (031) with the Road Number NMRA 2019 along with a decal set designed for changing road numbers on at least 12 cars
We will give you one of the following options:
1. If you ordered one tank car, accepting the new convention car in the same scale in lieu of the ordered tank car.
2. If you ordered multiple tank cars, accepting the same number of new convention cars in the same scale.
3. If you ordered multiple tank cars, reducing your order to the number of new convention cars you want
4. Canceling your order altogether.
If you cancel your order or reduce the number of cars, then you will get a full refund via check or credit posted to your credit card. If you have registered more than 120 days ago, we can only give you a check refund.
Please let us know, soonest, how you would like to proceed. Your timely response is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter. Please email Geoff: email@example.com
*The NMRA Northern Utah Division, depending on demand, is considering making the UTOCO tank cars at a later date.